It is mandatory to apply for a visa to go to India. eVisa is a document that legalizes the entry of foreigners into a country. Not all countries require it, but in India, it is necessary. The eVisa to India will be printed with your passport and will indicate at the border control that you have permission to enter India. This way, you can enter India without problems.
What is the visa that I must get if I am going to travel to India on vacation?
The right visa to travel to India is the tourist eVisa. It is a type of visa that can be processed online and that allows you to be in the country for a maximum of 30 days. This visa also allows you to enter India twice within the period.
Information to consider:
- Before traveling to India, you must take into account the following important information regarding the visa:
- The visa can be issued up to four days before your entry into India. So do not stop processing until the last minute!
- The visa can be obtained with a maximum advance of 30 days.
- The tourist visa allows you a maximum of two tickets in the country within 30 days. For example, you can go to India, then travel to Nepal and then re-enter India on the same trip.
- You can only apply for a tourist visa twice a year.
- Try to start the process of your visa to India with a month or a minimum week before the trip.
- If you have little time and you are very clear that your entry will be by plane to the country, the best option is to process your visa with our website.
- Remember that you can ask us any related questions and we will answer you shortly. You can leave us your comments if you want to.
What does the visa allow you to do?
The tourist visa allows you to enter India to spend a maximum of 30 days on vacation. Specifically, this eVisa will allow you to:
- Entering India through its 24 airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Jaipur, Mumbai, Kolkata, Mangalore, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Trivandrum, Lucknow, and Varanasi.
- Entrance to India through the 3 ports: Cochin, Goa, and Mangalore.
- Stay in India for up to 30 days
- Enter the country a maximum of two times within 30 days
Requirements to obtain a visa to go to India
Getting your visa online to travel to India is quite easy and fast. You have to consider these requirements. To apply for a visa, you will need:
- Your passport with a minimum validity of 6 months.
- A passport photo in digital format. The photograph must be recent and front with a white background.
- Your personal data: you must fill out a long-form with several questions. We recommend spending some time filling it out since it is quite extensive, and all the information must be correct.
What is the price of getting a visa to go to India online?
It will cost you around 129 EUR
Beware of fraud
Unfortunately, some platforms claim to process visas to India but for a price much higher than the actual price of eVisa visas. You must be careful and only process it on trusted websites like us recommended by travel agencies to avoid possible fraud.
What should I do if I want to extend the visa to India?
This is important if you think you may want to extend your stay in India. It is recommended that you apply for a major visa since you will not be able to extend the visa from the country
What should I do if I want to leave and re-enter India?
Understanding that the question would be related to 30-day visas, you will have the option of two entries to the country within the period of your visa.